Rhythm Kids is a new, exciting music, movement and drumming class for children. (Grownup participation is optional) The Rhythm Kids Class follows through on the Music Together® vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development.
As part of the Rhythm Kids experience, children can enjoy drumming play and practice sessions at home with the help of online play along videos featuring Rhythm Kids creator Tom Foote. Children integrate and assimilate rhythm into their lives and will:
- Learn, create, discover and explore music, movement and drumming
- Develop new repertoire on various percussion instruments and enjoy age appropriate ways to play them
- Explore traditional drumming patterns through animal names and movements
- Experience multi-cultural drumming, song and dance from around the world (Mali, Puerto Rico, Turkey, etc.)
- Find new ways to connect mind, body and voice through rhythm
- Develop skill in improvising, soloing, conducting, composition and improvisation
- Participate in active musical games that are both enriching and totally fun!
Rhythm Kids Level 1 - Ages 4-5 - Adult participation optional.
Rhythm Kids for children ages 4 and 5 is the next musical step for your preschool child. Each week we drum, sing, dance, play rhythm instruments and play music-based games. Rhythm Kids 4-5 guides children toward developmentally appropriate music and movement activities, where they can begin to take charge, lead others and be musically creative.
Drums will be provided for the class each week or you can bring your own
Rhythm Kids Level 2 - Ages K-2 - Adult participation optional. .
You DO NOT have to have completed Level 1 to take Level 2.
Rhythm Kids Level 2 enjoys many of the same activities as the Level 1 class but increases the complexity to make it appropriate for the school-aged child. The Rhythm Kids Level 2 class takes it up a notch as we practice multicultural rhythms on the drum and explore our own musicality as we create patterns, move our bodies in new ways, play games that help develop music-reading readiness and more.
Drums will be provided for the class each week or you can bring your own.